Sunday, September 20, 2009

Champagne at Oktoberfest?

Well... no champagne was a-flowin', but we made it out to one of Cincinnati's finest events in a hastily planned text-messaging campaign.  I have been going to Oktoberfest Zinzinnati for a while now and this year proved to be fabulous.  Having a solid group of girls to Prost to while checking out the insanity of men in leiderhosen and women wearing chicken hats, you can imagine a fun night was had by all.

We came from different areas of town and congregated on the wonderfully redesigned Fountain Square to not only celebrate an annual festival, but to also celebrate each other.  I'm so proud to call these amazing women my friends and more importantly very proud that I didn't have to drink beer at Oktoberfest after finding a Barefoot wine booth.  Pinot Grigio and I get along.  And, thanks to Amy, we got a long for at couple more sips than I anticipated.  But that's the thing...being spontaneous, having fun, sharing stories and laughing about life's misfourtunes on a beautiful end-of-summer evening among an entire group of amazing ladies happens even when it's not planned.  And that's what I love most.

Taking the Shuttle back to Newport, I couldn't stop smiling.  My friends make me happy.

-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment